Historical Resource Assessment and Geotechnical investigation planned for Dike D – Schumacher Corner.Posted on Jun. 30 2021
Below is information on the Historical Resource Assessment and Geotechnical investigation planned for Dike D – Schumacher Corner.
• The geotechnical drilling program at Schumacher Corner planned for July 6th has been cancelled
• Line locates prior to this field program at Schumacher Corner will be completed the week of July 5th.
• The geotechnical investigation at Schumacher Corner will be completed in conjunction with the Historical Resource Assessment field program
• The Historical Resource Assessment for all of Dike D (Aquaplex to Schumacher Corner) is being planned for the week of July 12 – likely July 13-14
• The Historical Resource Assessment is being undertaken by Circle CRM Group (a sub-consultant to SweetTech)
• The field program will take 2 days
• At Schumacher Corner a backhoe will be slowly digging test pits for deep investigation for the presence of historical or archaeological resources
• Any historical or archaeological resources found will be identified, catalogued and reported to the Province
• The test pits will also provide additional soils and geotechnical information – a geotechnical engineer will be on-site
• The rest of the Historical Resource Assessment from Schumacher Corner to the Aquaplex will not require any ground disturbance and will just entail the consultant walking the area