Outdoor Engineering Design Work to Resume on Flood Mitigation Project TodayPosted on Jun. 16 2021
June 16, 2021
At the direction of the Town of Drumheller, outdoor engineering design work including surveying will resume immediately in Schumacher’s Corner. The work is required to understand the project design requirements to better inform residents of the flood mitigation requirements. No construction or additional tree removal will be undertaken, however, some of the stumps may be removed to facilitate engineering work.
Work will include:
• A geotechnical investigation of the cleared area by Schumacher’s Corner.
• The drilling program will provide additional information for the detailed design of the berm at Schumacher’s Corner and reduce uncertainty related to construction activities, scheduling, and timing.
• The activities will include drilling of 2-3 boreholes in the vicinity of Schumacher’s Corner.
• No permanent installations will remain on-site.
• This work will take 1 day to complete.
• Work is being scheduled for July 6th, 2021.
• Line locates to support the drilling program will be completed in the area prior to drilling during the week of June 21st or June 27th, 2021.
For more information, please contact: