UPDATE April 20 2020
The FREE self haul of household materials to the landfill has been EXTENDED to Saturday May 2nd.
Welcome to business unusual. The impacts from COVID-19 are being felt by everyone including Town operations. Our normal spring clean up that we’ve enjoyed for many years will not take place this year. Instead, residents can self-haul household materials to the landfill FREE of charge from April 6 – 25.
Town staff will NOT be doing curbside pickup.
In order to maintain social distancing at the landfill, there may be extended wait times.
Please have patience as we protect our community.
Check out www.drumheller.ca for further details.
• All household, non demolition/construction materials identified under the acceptable items’ category will be accepted free of charge at the Drumheller & District Regional Landfill during April 6 – April 25, 2020.
• The material will need to be tracked and all loads weighed; however, the disposal fees for acceptable items will be waived for Town of Drumheller residents.
• Residents will be expected to deliver and off load their materials themselves; Landfill personnel will direct them to the appropriate drop off points and bins for the various materials while maintaining the 2-meter physical distancing policy.
• All Landfill personnel will ensure that they wear the applicable Personnel Protective Equipment, such as; high vis vest, gloves, steel toed boots, and safety glasses while dealing with the public and or refuse.
• Freon disposal rate of $15/unit will be waived for Town of Drumheller residents.
• Demolition, construction, renovation materials as listed below will be accepted however there will be a disposal fee imposed as in previous years.
Household furniture: couches, chairs, mattresses, dressers, desks, shelving, toys, kitchen tables, old clothing, lamps, household goods, etc.
Metal: Freon appliances (Fridges, freezers, air conditioners, water coolers), stoves, dishwashers, washers, dryers, hot water tanks, barbeques, swing sets, eavestrough, lawn mowers/rototillers, weed whippers, chain saws, any gas/diesel powered equipment must have oil and fuel removed prior to acceptance, car parts and or pieces, etc.
Electronics: computers, televisions, printers, fax machines, mice/keyboard/computer speakers, microwaves, stereos, game stations etc.
Hazardous Household Wastes: Paints, used oil, used oil filters, glycol, household batteries (alkaline lithium and recyclable) household cleaners, fertilizers, garden chemicals, pharmaceutical drugs, agricultural medications, fire extinguishers, smoke detectors etc.
Compostable materials: Trees, branches, leaves, grasses, garden debris.
Other: Tires, propane tanks, helium tanks, lead acid batteries (car batteries)
Un-Acceptable Amnesty Items for the Community Cleanup Event.
(Disposal fees of $62.50 / metric tonne are in effect for these materials)
Demolition/Building Materials: Fences, Decks, Shingles, Buildings (walls, windows, doors), large volumes of drywall, large volumes of wood etc.
Construction/Renovation Materials: Carpet, Linoleum, Bathroom /Kitchen Renovation materials, insulation etc.
Mobile Equipment: Holiday trailers, campers, tent trailers, utility trailers etc.
• 45-gallon barrels with lids intact,
• vehicle propane tanks,
• complete vehicles,
• brake pots,
• PCB containing materials,
• liquid sewage,
• radioactive material,
• ammunition or explosives.
Direct all inquiries to the Drumheller & District Regional Landfill at 403-823-1345 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org